Are you losing sex drive day by day? If yes, you may be the candidate for Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT). You may have heard about testosterone, the male sex hormone, but did you know that you can have the levels of testosterone back to normal?
Testosterone is the hormone responsible for libido (sex need), sperm production, and secondary male characteristics i.e. Body hair regulation, voice deepness, fat distribution, muscle mass, etc.
Levels of testosterone start rising in adolescence, peak till 30, and then start declining at the rate of 1% per year approximately.
Levels range from 264 to 916 ng/dL in men between the ages of 19 to 39 years.
- What Happens If You Start Losing Levels Of Testosterone?
You may experience;
- Loss of libido
- Low bone density
- Low sperm levels
- Difficulty with erection
- Unexplained loss of hair
- Hot flashes
- Benefits Of Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT)
Regaining the testosterone level back to normal can have the following effects.
2.1 Regaining the Sex Drive:
Sexual arousal is directly related to the levels of testosterone. Older males need a higher level of testosterone for sex drive and erection. The studies have proven a direct relationship between the level of testosterone and libido.1
2.2 Muscle Gain–Lose Fat-Look Young
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) helps in gaining muscle mass and reversing the aging process. It decreases the fat making your body more muscular. A study has shown the direct stimulating effect of the testosterone on muscle tissue.2
2.3 Increased Bone Density
Testosterone increases bone density making you less prone to osteoporosis. The prevalence of osteoporosis is double in the testosterone deficient males when compared to normal testosterone level males.3
2.4 Happy Mood
The issue like loss of sex drive, fatigue, and irritability overlap with the signs of depressions. An inverse relationship exists between the level of testosterone and the depression score. 4
- The Bottom Line
Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) can revitalize your lost sex life and helps you fight the symptoms of depressed testosterone levels e.g. regain sexual desire, stronger bones, and lowering the level of depression.
Testosterone Replacement Therapy should only be administered by a qualified medical professional as it may have harmful effects if given in the wrong quantities and an un-diagnosed person.
- Why Select Us? – American Male Wellness
American Male Wellness is an organization having a goal to educate and improve the male potency issue in the American population.
We have established an environment that promotes easy communication and open talks about male problems that will ultimately lead to the best treatment.
Feel free to talk to us and discuss your or your loved one’s problem and find more about Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) so you can make an informed decision.
- Bassil, Nazem et al. “The benefits and risks of testosterone replacement therapy: a review.” Therapeutics and clinical risk management 5,3 (2009): 427-48. doi:10.2147/tcrm.s3025
- Mauras N, Hayes V, Welch S, et al. Testosterone deficiency in young men: marked alterations in whole body protein kinetics, strength, and adiposity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1998;83(6):1886-1892. doi:10.1210/jcem.83.6.4892
- Kenny AM, Prestwood KM, Marcello KM, Raisz LG. Determinants of bone density in healthy older men with low testosterone levels. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2000;55(9):M492-M497. doi:10.1093/gerona/55.9.m492
- Barrett-Connor E, Von Mühlen DG, Kritz-Silverstein D. Bioavailable testosterone and depressed mood in older men: the Rancho Bernardo Study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84(2):573-577. doi:10.1210/jcem.84.2.5495